Holiday Sparkle! Estate Jewelry Day 1 Costume, QVC Items, Coins, Pen Collection, Dooney & Burke & More!
Location: Date: December 6, 2022
On Day 1 of our Holiday Sparkle sale, we focused on the fun and fabulous! From QVC designer costume jewelry to vintage pen collections, our items left bidders breathless. Each lot started at just $10, but many quickly climbed up in price as participants tried to win them. What caught the eye of many of the bidders during our costume jewelry, American coins, and designer handbags auction? Here’s a glimpse into what was sold.
We Sold American Coins, QVC Jewelry, Vintage Pen Collections, Handbags, & More!
Our latest holiday sale made it possible for collectors to build up their gold and silver costume jewelry, American coin, and vintage pen collections. Plus, they were able to get a little something special for their wives, mothers, sisters, and themselves — new designer handbags!
Costume jewelry is an expression of the style that was in favor during the time it was created. For this reason, it’s no surprise designer costume jewelry has become a big collectors’ item. During our costume jewelry auction, we sold the following:
- Gold Costume Jewelry
- Silver Costume Jewelry
- Bronze Tone Jewelry
- Vintage Rhinestone Jewelry
- Kenneth J Lane Costume Pieces
- Joan Boyce Designer Jewelry
- QVC Designer Costume Jewelry
- Costume Rings
- Joan Rivers Classics Collection Bee Pins
- Snowflake Pins
- Vanity Items
- Cufflinks, including a pair of music box cufflinks and gold-filled cufflinks
- Watches, including men’s watches from Wenger Swiss Military, Timex, Stauer, Seiko, Orvis, LL Bean, Timberland, Andre Bouchard, and Skagen
- Disney and Pop Culture Watches, including Lorus Disney, Barney, Wheel of Fortune, Matchbox, Barbie, Fossil, and Power Rangers
- And so much more!
US Currency and Silver Coins
People often collect coins for their historical and artistic value. Our recent American coins auction did not disappoint. Included in the lots up for bid were:
- Bronze medallions with some marked as “In Memoriam” Franklin Roosevelt
- A 1996 $100 bill with interesting stamps on the front and an error on the back left corner
- $5 note from 1976
- $2 notes from 1995
- Silver coins, including Buffalo and Jefferson Nickels, Early Roosevelt Dimes and Quarters, and 1964 Kennedy Half Dollar
- Rolls of Sacagawea Dollars
- 1900 Morgan Silver Dollar in Case
Fountain pen collecting is a fun hobby that not only teaches you about history but also provides many useful benefits. In our recent holiday auction, we were able to sell a variety of vintage fountain pens, including:
- Waterman Fountain Pen (Patrician Moss Agate)
- Montblanc Meister Struck Classique 144R Burgundy Red Fountain Pen
- Esterbrook Fountain Pens
Handbags & Accessories
Handbags look fantastic draped on the arm or displayed strategically on a shelf or coat rack. The participants in our recent designer handbags auction appreciated the opportunity to get new bags at a discount. Several bidders walked away with the following:
- Dooney & Burke Pink Chevron Tote
- Dooney & Burke Domed Satchel Bag
- Dooney & Burke Cream/Banana/Bordeaux Small Odine
- Dooney & Burke Brown Tassel Tote
- Coach Dark Brown Rambles Legacy Purse
- Shimmery Coin Purses and Wallets From Whiting & Davis
Participate in the Next Vintage Pen, American Coin, Handbag, & Costume Jewelry Auction at Bodnar’s Auction
We frequently host an array of estate auctions. From costume rings to silver coins, we’ve seen it all and want to help you find the next piece for your collection. Take a look at our upcoming auctions and mark your calendars so that you don’t miss the opportunity to add a new treasure to your collection. In the meantime, review our previous sterling silver jewelry auction and gold jewelry auction to get an idea of the items you can buy at Bodnar’s Auction.