Reasons to Choose Auctioning over an Estate Sale
In the process of choosing between an auction or an estate sale? We can share some facts that will help you make the right decision.
When choosing between an auction and an estate sale, the real goal is to go with the option that works best for you, your family, and your particular situation. As an auction house, we here at Bodnar’s Auction recommend an auction over an estate sale, for the following reasons:
- Every auction is budgeted for over $5,000 in promotions and advertising because we have over 30 estates in each sale.
- Bodnar has the proper insurance to have all liabilities covered
- For each sale, Bodnar has 500 tailored buyers, many collectors, and premium dealers from all over the United States as well as thousands of online bidders from around the world.
- Bodnar employs a full-time staff who understands the scope of the collectibles and antique market. From toys and comics to fine antiques, we have you covered.
- Joe Bodnar, owner and founder of Bodnar’s Auction, is a member of the NJSSA and the NAA, adding credibility and security to our operation. There are strict laws that must be followed in order to retain our membership, and these laws guarantee your safety.
- All of your items are taken off location to our fully-equipped auctioning facility, which keeps the sale of your loved one’s belongings private.
- We go through a formal process to inventory your items with a contract and photos of every item involved in the sale.
- You don’t have to worry about items being returned to your possession. Every item in the contract will be sold.
- Most often, there is a very minimal advertising budget which means very few people know about your sale.
- Many estate sales companies do not have any real insurance or regular employees.
- Limited local advertising offered by estate sellers can only get you so far, effectively limiting your potential buyers.
- Those running the estate sale must do all work on their own, including price setting, with the help of non-employees at the time of the auction.
- There is nothing ensuring the host of the estate sale is acting morally within the laws and regulations of such a sale.
- Because it is often held in the home, it can be intrusive to have an estate sale. This usually becomes a stressful and potentially harmful situation if you consider the potential for theft.
- You have no guarantee that every item will be sold, which means you could have leftover items to worry about.
These are just a few of the reasons why an auction by Bodnar’s Auction is the right choice for you. Enjoy the security, professionalism, and effectiveness of an auction instead of the uncertainty associated with an estate sale. Contact us at 1-732-210-6388 and be sure to fill out a contact form with any further questions or inquiries.