The Force Was With Bodnar’s Auction: Star Wars Collection Sells for over $55,000.00!
Jedi Master Joe Bodnar, owner of Bodnar’s Auction, was extremely pleased with the October 7, 2021 sale results. With over 5,000 registered bidders from all over the world, the force was with this impressive single-owner collection!
The collection of Star Wars and Star Trek items spanned the past 40 years. The items were in pristine condition like the day they came off the shelf in the toy store. The collection came from a Chicago, IL, estate, where the daughter reminisced that her father would send her to the toy store to pick up the latest Star Wars toy where then he would wrap a plastic bag around it and store it in a bedroom.
Another cool fact about the collection was all the price tags on the items came from the same two stores. Highlights of the sale, which were online, include:
- Star Wars X-Wing Fighter. Kenner 1978. Sealed in box. Sold for $2478.00
- Star Wars Land Speeder. Kenner 1978. Sealed in box. Sold for $1888.00
- Rare Star Wars Lightsaber. Kenner 1977. Sealed in box. Lightsaber inflated to 35″. Sold for $1091.50.
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back AT-AT (All Terrain Armored Transport). Kenner 1981. Sealed in original box. Sold for $2478.00.
- Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Millennium Falcon. Kenner 1981. Sealed in Original Box sold for $4425.00.
- Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Boba Fett 3.5″ Action Figure. Kenner 1980. Sealed on Card. Sold for $4130.00.
- Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back Luke Skywalker 3.75″ Action Figure. Kenner 1980. Sealed on Card. Sold for $1298.00.
All prices included the 18% Buyer’s Premium.
Bodnar’s runs online-only estate collection auctions every other week with all lots starting at $10.00 with no reserves. Our next batch of estate auctions is November 3 & 4, 2021, featuring comics and the Len Feldman Pop Culture & Toy Collection. For complete details and to view all prices realized, contact us today.